(Post High School)
Adult Services, Family Support Services, Service & Support Administration (SSA), Special Olympics
An individual must be determined eligible for services by the county board.
- For Adult Services, If county board eligible, individuals should contact SSA Intake and request Adult Services.
- For Family Support Services, an adult must be determined eligible for county board services. To initiate an eligibility assessment, contact SSA Intake at (440) 324-2366. Families of eligible individuals must submit an application with financial information to the Family Support Coordinator.
- For SSA, a child must be determined eligible for county board services. For more details, please see “Additional Eligibility Criteria for County Board Services.”
- For Special Olympics: If county board eligible, individuals should contact SSA Intake and request Special Olympics.
- County Board Eligibility: Individuals can expect a determination within 45 days of the completion of the eligibility assessment and receipt of required documentation..
- Adult Services: An SSA will be assigned and within 60 days of referral, the SSA will conduct and complete a service needs assessment and draft an individual service plan (ISP) with the individual and others identified by the individual to participate in this process. Within 45 days from the start of the assessment process, the individual will be placed into an Adult Services program as appropriate.
- Family Support Services: Requests are considered by the Family Support Parent Committee on a monthly basis with support available at the beginning of the next calendar quarter (January 01, April 01, July 01, and October 01).
- Special Olympics: If county board eligible, individuals should contact SSA Intake and request Special Olympics. An SSA will be assigned and within 60 days of referral, the SSA will conduct and complete a service needs assessment and draft an individual service plan (ISP) with the individual and others identified by the individual to participate in this process.
- The approved ISP will be forwarded to the agency’s Special Olympics Coordinator (Habilitation Manager – Recreation).
- A Special Olympics Ohio Application for Participation form will be mailed to the consumer.
- The completed form, which includes documentation of a physical examination, will be returned to the Special Olympics Coordinator at which time the individual’s name will be added to the mailing list for specific sports programs identified in the ISP.
- About 4-6 weeks before the next identified preferred sport, the consumer will be mailed an informational flyer with a registration form for the identified sports program.
- Upon receipt of the registration form, the individual will be invited to tryouts for competitive sports or the opportunity to participate in a skills development program.
- SSA: If county board eligible, services will begin within 60 days of referral.
Eligibility Criteria for County Board Services
An adult applicant is required to meet eligibility requirements. All of the following criteria must be met by individuals applying for county board services:
- The individual must have a documented diagnosis of a developmental disability made by a qualified professional.
- The individual must have a physical or mental impairment other than mental illness.
- The onset of the disability must be documented as occurring prior to the age of 22.
- The individual’s disability must be likely to continue indefinitely.
After the above criteria are met, an eligibility determination instrument will be administered by a trained evaluator from the county board. The individual/family is responsible for securing all necessary documents to confirm the individual’s identity and any applicable diagnosis. Adults are administered the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (OEDI) for eligibility determination.
After SSA Intake receives all required documents certifying identity and developmental disability, an appointment to administer the OEDI will be scheduled with the individual and significant other as soon as possible. Within 45 days of the completion of the appropriate eligibility instrument, the individual is notified of the eligibility status. County Board eligibility status receives final approval at a monthly agency Eligibility Team meeting. Additional assessments and admission criteria may be required to access specific programs.