(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
DODD DSP Training Program
DODD is partnering with Christopher Milo to bring a series of free trainings to frontline supervisors. The first one will be March 19 from 11 AM – 12 PM. The series will incorporate DODD’s core values and messages from Christopher Milo. Click here to learn more and to register.
Internet Safety Training – Zoom Webinar Sponsored by the Autism Society of Greater Akron
The internet is a useful tool that has simplified the way we communicate, as well as a fun source of entertainment. However, individuals with autism or other developmental disabilities can have difficulty understanding the dangers of online socialization and entertainment. Join Dr. TJ Nestheide and Amanda Tipkemper, M.Ed., on Monday, March 22 at 7:00 p.m. as they talk about appropriate online behavior, which information is safe to share on the internet, and how to discern who is an internet friend and who is not. For more information or to register, click on the link below.
Connecting for Kids 2021 Lorain County Resource Fair
Date: Saturday, April 24 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Rain Date: May 8)
Location: Lorain County Community College Courtyard
This free, outdoor, in-person public event will highlight providers from across Northeast Ohio, focusing on services for individuals (ages birth – 22). Special emphasis on:
- Adapted recreation programs and camps
- Alternative schools
- Counselors and mental health providers
- Educational advocates
- Grant/financial aid providers
- Music therapy programs
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Social skills programs
- Tutors and learning disability programs
- Transitional services
- Much more!
A safe, socially distanced, ‘Grab & Go’ option is also available for this event from 1-3 p.m. For more information, call 440-570-5908 or go to connectingforkids.org
Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio is a source in the community for fresh, nutritious food.
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank go to secondharvestfoodbank.org.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is holding a series of food distribution events throughout Lorain County in the upcoming weeks. For more details on these and other future events, visit to the Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio’s Facebook page.
Other Ongoing Lorain County Food Distributions
- Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services / 33479 Lake Rd., Suite C, Avon Lake / **Must call in advance / Contact 440-933-5639
- Behind the Walls Church / 101 Woodford Ave., Elyria / Every Friday from 4 – 6 p.m. / Contact 216-903-0963
- Oberlin Community Services / 258 South Professor St, Oberlin / Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30- 2 p.m. for at risk individuals and 2:15-3:30 p.m. for all others. / Contact 440-774-6579
- We Care Elyria / Elyria food delivery for elderly and disabled community members. For pantry requests call 440-305-0455 or visit ElyriaCares.com
For the latest news on these and other Lorain County Food Distributions, visit the Murray Ridge Center or Murray Ridge School and Preschool Facebook page each Monday during the pandemic.
Connecting for Kids
- Due to statewide closures, Connecting for Kids is offering only virtual programming at this time. For up-to-date information, follow them on Facebook or join them to receive their email newsletters.
- For more information on Connecting for Kids, go to https://connectingforkids.org
- Raising children can be stressful and OhioGuidestone’s Triple P Positive Parenting Program teaches parents strategies to help manage their children’s challenging behaviors, help them learn, and motivate them to do their best.
- For more information or to register, call or text Alex Ferrara at (440) 219-5426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org