(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio is a source in the community for fresh, nutritious food.
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank go to secondharvestfoodbank.org.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is holding a series of food distribution events throughout Lorain County in the upcoming weeks. For more details on these and other future events, visit to the Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio’s Facebook page.
Other Ongoing Lorain County Food Distributions
- Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services / 33479 Lake Rd., Suite C, Avon Lake / **Must call in advance / Contact 440-933-5639
- Behind the Walls Church / 101 Woodford Ave., Elyria / Every Friday from 4 – 6 p.m. / Contact 216-903-0963
- Oberlin Community Services / 258 South Professor St, Oberlin / Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30- 2 p.m. for at risk individuals and 2:15-3:30 p.m. for all others. / Contact 440-774-6579
- We Care Elyria / Elyria food delivery for elderly and disabled community members. For pantry requests call 440-305-0455 or visit ElyriaCares.com
For the latest news on these and other Lorain County Food Distributions, visit the Murray Ridge Center or Murray Ridge School and Preschool Facebook page each Monday during the pandemic.
Connecting for Kids
- Due to statewide closures, Connecting for Kids is offering only virtual programming at this time. For up-to-date information, follow them on Facebook or join them to receive their email newsletters.
- For more information on Connecting for Kids, go to https://connectingforkids.org
- Raising children can be stressful and OhioGuidestone’s Triple P Positive Parenting Program teaches parents strategies to help manage their children’s challenging behaviors, help them learn, and motivate them to do their best.
- For more information or to register, call or text Alex Ferrara at (440) 219-5426 or email email@example.com