(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
Connecting for Kids Lorain County Resource Fair — RESCHEDULED
Connecting for Kids has decided to reschedule the Lorain County Resource Fair (originally scheduled for Thursday, March 12) to THURSDAY, APRIL 16 at LCCC’s John A. Spitzer Conference Center. We hope you can attend that day to learn more about local providers and services for families, including Murray Ridge Center’s Early Intervention (EI) Program and Service and Support Administration (SSA) Department. For more information, go to https://connectingforkids.org/lorain-resource-fair
Sensory Friendly Performance of Disney’s ‘Frozen’ — Saturday, August 15 / 1:30 p.m. / KeyBank State Theatre, Playhouse Square
This performance is intended for individuals with sensory sensitivities, autism spectrum disorders and other sensory, social and cognitive challenges or issues. We welcome family and friends to experience the show together. Tickets are specially priced at $50, $35 and $20.This a full-length performance. The total time of the performance is 2 hours 15 minutes, which includes one 20-minute intermission. At this sensory-friendly performance, supportive adaptations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels, strobe effects removed and fewer startling special effects.
- House lights and stage lights will remain on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand and move throughout the theater as needed during the performance.
- Audience members are free to talk or make noise throughout the performance.
- Audience members may bring and use their electronic devices and extra support items during the performance.
- We provide quiet areas and activities staffed by professionals and trained volunteers.
- All are welcome in a judgment-free environment.
For more information and to order tickets, go to http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/disneys-frozen-sensory-friendly
Chuck E. Cheese’s Sensory Sensitive Sundays
Many Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurants nationwide are now open 2 hours early on the first Sunday of every month, specifically for children with autism and other special needs. This Sensory Sensitive Sundays program is being done in partnership with the Center for Autism & Related Disorders (CARD).
Sensory Sensitive Sundays feature: Reduced lighting and noise; Food and games offered; Trained and caring staff. For a full listing of all participating Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurants, click on this link.
Connecting for Kids — Winter Program Information
Connecting for Kids (CFK), an organization which provides education and support to families who have concerns about their child, has announced that registration is now open for a variety of winter programs. Please click on the link to find the Connecting for Kids Winter Program Flyer.
Among the many programs being offered are a Speaker Series, Elementary Experiences, Music Therapy and More, and Play and Say. All CFK programs are free and open to the public.
For more information, go to the CFK website at connectingforkids.org; call/text: (440) 570-5908; or email: email@example.com
Second Harvest Food Bank
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is a source in the community for fresh, nutritious food.
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank go to secondharvestfoodbank.org.