(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is a source in the community for fresh, nutritious food.
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank go to secondharvestfoodbank.org.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is holding a series of food distribution events throughout Lorain County in the upcoming weeks. For more details on these and other future events, visit to the Second Harvest Food Bank’s Facebook Page.
Other Ongoing Area Food Distribution Opportunities
- Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services / 33479 Lake Rd., Suite C, Avon Lake / **Must call in advance / Contact 440-933-5639
- Behind the Walls Church / 101 Woodford Ave., Elyria / Every Friday from 4 – 6 p.m. / Contact 216-903-0963
- Oberlin Community Services / 258 South Professor St, Oberlin / Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30- 2 p.m. for at risk individuals and 2:15-3:30 p.m. for all others. / Contact 440-774-6579
- We Care Elyria / Elyria food delivery for elderly and disabled community members. For pantry requests call 440-305-0455 or visit ElyriaCares.com
Connecting for Kids
- Due to statewide closures, Connecting for Kids is offering only virtual programming at this time. For up-to-date information, follow them on Facebook or join them to receive their email newsletters.
- For more information on Connecting for Kids, go to https://connectingforkids.org
Sensory Friendly Performance of Disney’s ‘Frozen’ — Saturday, August 15 / 1:30 p.m. / KeyBank State Theatre, Playhouse Square
This performance is intended for individuals with sensory sensitivities, autism spectrum disorders and other sensory, social and cognitive challenges or issues. We welcome family and friends to experience the show together. Tickets are specially priced at $50, $35 and $20.This a full-length performance. The total time of the performance is 2 hours 15 minutes, which includes one 20-minute intermission. At this sensory-friendly performance, supportive adaptations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels, strobe effects removed and fewer startling special effects.
- House lights and stage lights will remain on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand and move throughout the theater as needed during the performance.
- Audience members are free to talk or make noise throughout the performance.
- Audience members may bring and use their electronic devices and extra support items during the performance.
- We provide quiet areas and activities staffed by professionals and trained volunteers.
- All are welcome in a judgment-free environment.
For more information and to order tickets, go to http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/disneys-frozen-sensory-friendly
Chuck E. Cheese’s Sensory Sensitive Sundays — ON HOLD
Many Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurants nationwide are now open 2 hours early on the first Sunday of every month, specifically for children with autism and other special needs. This Sensory Sensitive Sundays program is being done in partnership with the Center for Autism & Related Disorders (CARD).
Sensory Sensitive Sundays feature: Reduced lighting and noise; Food and games offered; Trained and caring staff. For a full listing of all participating Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurants, click on this link.