(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
Service and Support Administration (SSA) Monthly Activities Calendar
Click here to see the September Activities Calendar and other fun activity ideas!
Nisonger TechSummit–Register Today for Free
TechSummit is an annual conference coordinated by The Ohio State University’s Nisonger Center with a focus on technology as it relates to developmental disabilities. With funding from the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council and support from Assistive Technology of Ohio and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, TechSummit 2021 will be conducted virtually with free registration on July 22-23, 2021. For more information about TechSummit 2021 or to register, click on the link below:
State Support Team – Region 2 Virtual Programs
State Support Team – Region 2 is sponsoring several upcoming free virtual training programs. For more information about spring/summer sessions featuring LeDerick Horne, Dr. Anita Archer, and Dr. Ruby Payne, click here.
DODD DSP Training Program
DODD is partnering with Christopher Milo to bring a series of free trainings to frontline supervisors. The series will incorporate DODD’s core values and messages from Christopher Milo. Click here to learn more and to register.
Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio is a source in the community for fresh, nutritious food.
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank go to secondharvestfoodbank.org.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is holding a series of food distribution events throughout Lorain County in the upcoming weeks. For more details on these and other future events, visit to the Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio’s Facebook page.
Other Ongoing Lorain County Food Distributions
- Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services / 33479 Lake Rd., Suite C, Avon Lake / **Must call in advance / Contact 440-933-5639
- Behind the Walls Church / 101 Woodford Ave., Elyria / Every Friday from 4 – 6 p.m. / Contact 216-903-0963
- Oberlin Community Services / 258 South Professor St, Oberlin / Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30- 2 p.m. for at risk individuals and 2:15-3:30 p.m. for all others. / Contact 440-774-6579
- We Care Elyria / Elyria food delivery for elderly and disabled community members. For pantry requests call 440-305-0455 or visit ElyriaCares.com
For the latest news on these and other Lorain County Food Distributions, visit the Murray Ridge Center or Murray Ridge School and Preschool Facebook page each Monday during the pandemic.
Connecting for Kids
- Due to statewide closures, Connecting for Kids is offering only virtual programming at this time. For up-to-date information, follow them on Facebook or join them to receive their email newsletters.
- For more information on Connecting for Kids, go to https://connectingforkids.org
- Raising children can be stressful and OhioGuidestone’s Triple P Positive Parenting Program teaches parents strategies to help manage their children’s challenging behaviors, help them learn, and motivate them to do their best.
- For more information or to register, call or text Alex Ferrara at (440) 219-5426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org