(not sponsored by Murray Ridge Center)
2019 Transition Expo (Free event for family members and caregivers of transition-age youth, interested professionals, and young adults who have developmental disabilities. NOTE: While general information will be provided, the event will primarily focus on transition resources in Cuyahoga County.)
- Saturday, April 27 / 8 a.m.-12 noon / Cuyahoga Valley Career Center, 8001 Brecksville Rd., Brecksville
- Exhibitors/Networking/Resources/Breakout Sessions
- Breakout Session Topics: Housing, Law Enforcement & Safety, Employment, College, Financial, and More
- To register, go to https://tinyurl.com/transitionexpo2019
- Questions? Contact Wendy at (216) 509-5015 / email@example.com
Clearwater COG/OSDA Technology Summit
- Tuesday, April 30 / 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Tiffin University, Gillmore Center in the Osceola Theatre, 155 Miami St., Tiffin, OH.
- A fun and interactive day where participants get to check out and touch, and play, and learn about the latest technology. Food will be provided.
- Please RSVP to Nancy Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breaking Down Barriers Pro Wrestling Fundraiser (presented by Mega Championship Wrestling to benefit Friends of Murray Ridge)
- Saturday, May 4 (doors open at 6 p.m.) at St. John Gym, 1140 West River Road North, Elyria
- For more information on tickets and the show, go to megachampionshipwrestling.com
- To view an event flyer, click here.
An Introduction to Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD): Comorbidity, Red Flags and Interventions (Presented by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities)
- Tuesday, May 21 / 12 noon-2 p.m. / Lorain County Transportation Center, 40 East Ave. (rear of building), Elyria, OH
- Join presenters as they discuss FASD and interventions to assist clinicians, individuals and families. The event is free and open to the public. Application for CEUs will be submitted.
- To register, go to: https://reg.planetreg.com/E425534112216
- For more information, contact: Alexis.Martin@odh.ohio.gov
- To view a flyer on the event, click here.
Down Syndrome Day with the Indians
- Sunday, May 26 / 1:10 p.m. — Indians vs. Tampa Bay
- $26 ticket price includes: the game, a parade around the warning track prior to the game; an opportunity for kids to run the bases; and a ‘meet and greet’ with Slider and the Hotdogs
- For more information, contact Tony Stenulson at (216) 420-4539 or at email@example.com
Techsummit 2.0 (a program of the Ohio Technology Project providing an opportunity to hear from families, sample technology to help support people with developmental disabilities, and hear from experts about technology and technology services)
- Friday, June 21 / 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Crowne Plaza, Columbus North – Worthington, 6500 Doubletree Ave., Columbus
National Down Syndrome Society ‘2019 Buddy Walk’
- Saturday, August 24 / 7 a.m.-12 noon / Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and Palava Hut
- Register at usod.org (registration opened March 21)
Rec2Connect Foundation Scholarships (For area recreation programs for individuals with special needs).
- Application Deadline August 31 (for programs occurring Oct. 1-Dec. 31)
- Scholarship application can be found at rec2connectfoundation.org and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org